Monday, March 10, 2014

Visit to Super Natural Farm on Lopez Island

I went to go see an old Alum on Lopez Island.  He has cows, pigs, and chickens.  They are beautiful.  I love the energy and love in the atmosphere.  There is a way of life on the island.  I can't quite explain.  Something about conscientious living.  No wonder Japanese culture developed the way it did.  Living on an Island, one must be aware of the interactions with others with a compassionate heart.  I found a pottery that does soda firing.  I will also be able to explore Ferric Chloride on Copper Matte.  I am excited to find this.  I feel like my path is bright.  I am thankful for life, friends, and pottery.  The Chicken and pork my friend raised tasted like love.  The Symbiotic nature of his farming, his marriage, and his life made me realize that with struggle comes the greatest rewards.  Back in town, today I went to apply for a job at a paint a plate.  I think this would be awesome, until I can get a location for the clay academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment